Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This weekend we have had the honor of having my grandmother with us. Westin absolutely loves having her with us and really keeps her busy running and doing!! Here they are watching Space Buddies for the third time!! They have played and played this weekend and we hate to see her leave. We will be taking her back to Kingsport today as we go to get Westin's Isotope for this MIBG scan tomorrow.

The title of my blog is peacefully awaiting and I would like to share with you why I chose that title. Of course I went through many titles that were not available like Standing Still, In His Grip, etc. None were available. Then it came to me, peacefully awaiting? Hum......that may be a little misleading. However, it is a goal that I strive for everyday. A peaceful awaiting for the complete manifestation of my son's earthly healing. A total reliance on the Holy Spirit to carry the burden and for me to leave it at the foot of the cross. I would hope that by now I would have conquered this better than I have, but I have to say that as I walk this journey I am learning more and more everyday. It is a total dependence upon Christ. The Bible says that we must cast all our fears upon Him. So when we fear (yes Christians do fear) we have a place where we can go and cast all our fear/worries. Cast - means to hurl: throw forcefully or shed: get rid of. So we must get rid of our fear/worries. Jesus carried those burdens to calvary and conquered those for all of us. I sometimes find myself angry because I let fear creep in when we get to this stage of Westin's journey and I feel less "christian" and I get angry with myself. "I should know better" I tell myself. Then I have well meaning people say, "it is only natural", which is exactly what I do not want to be "natural". I want the living Word of God manifest in my life daily and to do that I have to operate above the "natural" man. But when people do say "it is only natural" that is my wake up call....."julie, you are operating in the flesh....not the spirit.....remember you must cast all your fears upon the Lord and let Him carry the load." When we do this and begin to operate in the fullness of what God has intended for us then we can truly peacefully await!!

May God bless you all this day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got some time to post to your new blog. I'm enjoying reading it. I thought Grandmother would stay with you guys longer than that. I can't believe she left already.

    ReplyDelete