Wednesday, February 18, 2009

God's Favor


I could not resist this precious picture of Westin that we took Monday night. When I look at this picture it matches the title of my blog....peacefully awaiting. This precious baby boy is the joy of our days. When I think of how much joy he brings to us I am quickly reminded that it is that same joy that God gets when he looks down at us. The love we have for our children is the same love that God has for us. In fact the bible says we are the righteousness of God and we are favored by him. In my devotional yesterday (which I think was titled appropriately Beat the Odds with the Favor of God) the author talked about the story of Ruth and how all things would have appeared to be against her in her time, but yet God showed his favor to her and she became the wife of Boaz and a great grandmother to David and considered in the geneology of Jesus Christ even though she was not a Jew. God's favor shone on Ruth and she was His. If we have committed our life to Jesus then we are God's chosen and His favor WILL shine on us. I tell you that blessed my soul yesterday when I read the title as I was walking out to get the car after Westin got his isotope injection. We have never once looked at the cure rate for Westin because we believe in the report of the Lord....the Favor of God. There is no such percentage with God!! As we get ready to go for Westin's scans today I look at his precious picture above and it reminds me of the peacefull awaiting that we all need. That of a precious child resting in the arms of God....no fear, no worry, no concern....just nestled up in the big strong arms of our savior who will shine His favor on those who love Him and are considered the righteousness of God.
We thank all of you for praying for our little boy and we ask that each of you this day pray God's favor to shine on Westin and the report that we are given will be the report of the Lord and astound the medical profession. May God Bless you all!!!
In His peace.....Julie

1 comment: