Monday, February 16, 2009


Well, I had promised that I would work on this blog and start to post some new things, but I have just been very very busy with taking care of business around here. Westin goes for chemo to Johnson City every 5 days then off for 2 days then back on for 5 and then off for 9. That completes one cycle. So, on the 9 days off I try to catch up on things that I have let go over the past week......mainly Emma's school. It is extremely difficult to juggle school and travelling, but we are catching on and getting back into the swing of things. I cannot imagine having her in school with all this going on. It is extremely difficult keeping up with what Hailee and Alli are doing in school and trying to make ballgames to support Hailee with all the travel. I can't imagine if Emma were in school and me missing parent days, parties, field trips.....etc. I am so thankful that we are able to homeschool. It is a tremendous blessing for all of us.......tough, but a blessing!!


Westin will go tomorrow at 10:30 to have his MIBG injection and his scan will be on Wednesday at 10:30. We are believing for good results. Westin has such a good quality of life right now and is enjoying everyday....even when we have to travel! I pray that we have made correct choices and are able to continue with what we are doing. To be finished would be great, but I know that is not the docs plan no matter what right now. So.....we pray that all looks good and we can continue. It does make for a very busy life, but I would do whatever to keep him well. I pray that we see the evidence of the healing power that has flowed through Westin and that the doctors will be amazed by what the Lord has done.


I can tell you it has been an extreme test of my faith over the past few weeks because we have gone through a period when Westin was limping and it really was getting to me. However, we continued and did not give much air to the issue and petitioned God to move. Westin is now limp free and running faster than any of us can!! God is so good all the time and many times we have to turn our eyes away for the "earthly" view and see through spiritual eyes. I tell you it is not the easiest thing I have ever done, but it is the most rewarding!!
This picture is from a couple of Sunday's ago. Westin loved the tie because he looked like his daddy! They are such hams!!


I hope God shines His face upon you this day.......Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment